Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend recap and Pokemon Battle Revolution update

Things didn't exactly go as planned with Pokemon Battle Revolution... Read on for more.

So, as I said Friday, I went to a flea market on Saturday. As far as gaming related items, I found nothing. Nada. Zilch. However, I did find a couple of sweet deals at a thrift shop! Sid Meier's Pirates! (PC) for $3.00 CDN and Super Mario World (SNES) for $2.00 CDN. Not bad, really. But I was kinda hoping I'd find something a little cooler...

As for Pokemon Battle Revolution, well, I tried my damnedest, but I couldn't find a copy today. My day went like this:

6:45 AM: Woke up
7:30 AM: Left for nearest Wal-Mart
8:00 AM: Arrived at Wal-Mart. No shipments of the game had yet been received. So I go to the attached McDonald's for breakfast.
9:00 AM: Stake out the EBGames next door
10:00 AM: EBGames opens, and I go in. No shipment yet here, either.
10:15 AM - 11:15 AM: I shuttle back and forth between the two stores, hoping that one of them gets a shipment.
11:15 AM: Go to the nearby Wendy's for lunch, and leave at about noon
12:10 PM: Arrive back at the EBGames, and still no shipment. Same story at the Wal-Mart. I go back to the EBGames.
12:30 PM: I strike up a conversation with a young man exchanging his broken DS for a new one. This helps kill time for quite some while.
2:00 PM: The UPS man arrives at the EBGames, and the box is full of... Some other games... The clerk tells me that there won't be any more shipments today, and that I would have to wait until tomorrow. I go back to the Wal-Mart and have a McFlurry and a Sprite. It was damn hot today, and I was freaking thirsty.
2:30 PM: I double check at the Wal-Mart's electronics department, and still no shipment. So I duck into the EBGames again to make sure they didn't get any. They didn't, so I went home.
3:20 PM: Call the local Roger's Video to see if they have any copies in, and they don't have anything, either. Damn.

Well, that was my day. 8 hours spent shuffling around for nothing. The hunt shall continue tomorrow, starting with the Roger's Video again.

Well, nobody can blame me for not trying, that's for sure!

Now I need some sleep... I hope to have a copy to preview by tomorrow night, no matter what!

The Duck Has Spoken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you should get a life...