Monday, August 13, 2007

Poll #4: Which Pokémon game did you play first?" results

Sorry for this being so late, guys (And girls, if there are any). I've just been too distracted today to get around to changing the poll! Oh well, here we go, anyways.

The results for the latest poll, "Which Pokémon game did you play first?", are now in! Got a good fifty votes in on this one! Here are the details:

"Red/Blue/Yellow" 43 votes (86%)
"Gold/Silver/Crystal" 1 vote (2%)
"Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald" 0 votes (0%)
"Firered/Leafgreen" 1 vote (2%)
"Diamond/Pearl" 1 vote (2%)
"Stadium/Stadium 2/Coloseum/XD: Gale of Darkness/Battle Revolution" 0 votes (0%)
"One of the spin-offs (Snap, Pinball, etc.)" 1 vote (2%)
"Not sure." 0 votes (0%)
"I have never played a Pokémon game before." 3 votes (6%)

So then, it seems most of us have been with the series since the beginning. Is the series really so inaccessible to newcomers that the majority of players are veterans? I don't know, but the results probably have to do with this poll being posted on a Nintendo-based gaming blog. If that doesn't skew the results, nothing will!

Also, I'm very surprised to see that ANYBODY hasn't played a Pokémon ever before, let alone three! This is especially odd when considering the point I raised in the previous paragraph... Well, I suppose not everyone likes the same things.

Make sure to vote on this week's poll, "Do you ever play games based on movies, TV shows or books?"! I'm pretty interested to see the results on this one. New article will be up in no more than a few hours, folks!

The Duck Has Spoken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have voted Red/Blue. Yeah, a lot of people played Red and Blue...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was the only one who voted G/S, and I also am surprised that 3 people,(at least) have never played pokemon before.

Anonymous said...

I was one of the people who said they had never played a pokemon game, well I technicly have played friends ones, I have never bought one as they were expensive (NZ) and I was young. I am thinking of buying Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.