Monday, March 31, 2008

Bad news, everyone

Poll results and banner in a moment



Before I went to sleep last night, I decided to play some Picross DS. After solving a puzzle, I went to turn off my DS Lite. My finger accidentally bumped into the right side of the hinge, accompanied with a cracking sound. The result...



My DS Lite's hinge is broken! After careful use and storage for almost two years, my DS Lite's notoriously weak hinge finally gave out. It still works perfectly, except for one little problem...



The top screen doesn't stay aligned at all! I freaked out for a while, and then I remembered something I read regarding the NERF DS case...



It makes a great replacement for broken DS Lite hinges! Thanks to this little case, my DS can still work. Although the hinge tension is completely gone. It flips open and closed with very little force, so I have to be really careful how I hold it. It can still detect when it's closed, so that's good. It seems all the crucial wiring was in the left part of the hinge. Phew!



Even the power indicator light is working just fine. But I'm still not too happy about this... It really is quite the downer. I guess I should consider myself lucky that it works at all, though. But look how sad I am!



See how sad I am, behind the opaque cover of my DS Lite? I must be a descendant of Wilson W. Wilson Jr. or something. Anyways, I've put the broken-off section in an old GBA game case for safe keeping, and I suppose I'll just have to deal with my DS in it's current condition for a while. As long as I'm sure nothing gets to the exposed motherboard, I should be fine.

Okay, enough of me whining. Poll results and banners now!

The Duck Has Spoken.

1 comment:

Tré Felidae said...

I read this last year, almost exactly a year ago. Hmmm....