Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Random Babbling 3

Well, my brain is totally tapped out for any real article ideas. So, I guess it's babbling time.

-I'm surprised to see so few other game companies trying out a Smash Bros. type game. Square-Enix's version would be awesome, with so many Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters totally beating on each other. I'd buy it for sure!
-I've been reading a lot of Mario Kart Wii previews, and I have a terrible feeling that it's going to be one of the franchise's worst entries yet... Tricks? What the heck, people? I thought this was Mario Kart, not Super Mario's Pro Skater.
-Augh, I noticed two big nicks on my DS today... I really gotta get a new one someday soon. The hinge-crack mocks me day and night, the top screen doesn't line up properly with the bottom half, and now there's small chunks of the lid missing. How did that last one even happen?
-GMod doesn't seem to have any way to change the graphical quality. This really sucks, since my PC can't handle the resolution it puts out without lag. I'll never be able to blow up a mattress fort now...
-Ah, dammit, the interference I'm getting on these speakers is driving me nuts. It sounds like pissed-off wasps are buzzing around inside them. At least turning on the music drowns it out a bit...
-My cat kept going nuts today. Screaming, running up and down the stairs... And her dad keeps jumping on the kitchen table for no reason. They're all insane. And to make matters worse, one of them just went into heat. Oh boy. At least the other two are somewhat calm.
-I still enjoy Nintendo Power, but it doesn't seem like quite the same magazine with Future at the helm. The previews, reviews and editorials are still good, but something else just doesn't quite fit right.
-Forum traffic seems to have nosedived lately... If any former posters are reading this, remember that the forums are always open!
-Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto. Domo. Domo...
-I'm really surprised at how much I like playing as Sonic in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was always positive he was a terrible fit for the game, but he just works so well. And his Final Smash... Wow. Can't get enough of that! (Sorry, Europeans!)
-One of my former favourite television channels has totally turned to crap as of late. All the good shows are getting pulled, and they're being replaced by some of the worst programming I've ever seen. Bring back the good stuff, dammit!
-So, they announced a Spectrobes sequel. Good thing, because it has a crapload of potential that the first game missed. I hope they get it right this time.
-They're making a Drawn to Life spin-off with Spongebob in it. Wicked stuff, man. I wonder what else Mr. Squarepants would be a good fit with? A Katamari-style game, with a huge, round Bob rolling up a bunch of stuff? Toss in some unique gameplay twists and witty writing, and I'm in!
-I think we've seen enough Brawl reviews now, people. I sort of felt bad writing my review, knowing how over-populated the topic is nowadays. Oh well, I had to do it. And now it's over.
-There's an empty unit in a plaza near my place that's been vacant for over a year. The lights always seem to be on, and there's paper covering all the windows. What the heck is going on?
-I find myself wondering a lot if some of the people I pass on the street know of my online persona. I could pass by a good online friend and not even know it! Does anyone else ever wonder this, or is it just me?

Well, that's that, I guess. Sorry for the crappy little articles lately, but the Brawl review totally drained me of... Um... Stuff. I can't even think of the word...

Talk about this in the comment section or this forum thread, yadda yadda. You know the drill.

The Duck Has Spoken.

No comments: