Saturday, December 6, 2008

No update tonight

I'd say sorry right now, but really, it wouldn't matter all that much. I've said that word so many times here that it's pretty much lost all meaning. I just don't get it... Writing is just about the only thing I do, and most of the time I can't even get that going a measly three times a week. I thought I'd hit a good patch, too, with two, decent-length articles published back to back. I thought Hey, this week's going pretty well. And then... This. I've hit a slump. It's the time of year, I think. Around now I'm not allowed to buy games for myself due to Christmas coming up, so I don't have many new gaming experiences to write about. Sure, there's Animal Crossing: City Folk, and even the copy of Race Driver: GRID (DS) I picked up yesterday, but... I don't know. I just can't think of anything substantial to write. Still not ready to review City Folk, and doing an impressions article on a game released four months ago just feels like a total cop-out. I just don't know what to do, really. I always feel like a total jerk whenever I fail to update.

...whatever. Sitting here and whining about it all isn't going to make it any better. I'm gonna go to bed now. I've got stuff to do in the morning, and I'd like to be rested for it. Monday? I'm not even going to think about it right now. I'll just leave Monday until Monday, and that's that. This weekend... I ain't gonna think about anything. I'm gonna do some crap tomorrow morning, put up the Christmas tree on Sunday, and do absolutely nothing else the rest of the time. Sounds like a good plan to me...

Well, you guys just ignore me over here as I have an epic battle with emotion and writer's block. Sleep now...

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I have two suggestions for you... listen wisely:

#1 How about taking away your Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule? I mean, it's not like somebody's making you do this... it's not like it's a job. Blog's are your own personal little site to be updated when you want and for whatever reason you want. You don't have to have a schedule.

#2 Since you always seem so bored and run out of ideas, how about hanging out with some friends? Play some video games, watch some movies. When I'm bored/down in the dumps, hanging out with some pals usually does the thing.

Hope my suggestions help.