Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One Duck's Opinion's one year anniversary!!!



It was exactly one year ago today that I first wrote an article for this blog. Technically, the site was opened on May 1st, 2007, but there was never any real articles posted until the 28th. I have set this post to appear at 7:35 PM, exactly the same time when I started writing the blog's first ever article, my Pokémon Diamond review. Reading that first article really takes me back. My writing style has evolved so much since then (I can't believe I used to turn out an article every single day!), but, at the same time, it's still so very much the same.

In this last year, much as happened. 41 polls, 279 posts, 514 comments, 40 users on the forum, writing a total of over 5400 posts... It's been a big year.

And at the beginning of 2008, I received what is probably the biggest surprise of all: THQ (via M80) started sending me games in the mail for reviewing! I never saw this coming, especially not so soon. I still can't get over how amazing this is!

Most of all, though, the best thing that's happened this whole year is seeing so many different people reading and enjoying my articles. I never dreamed that I'd be seeing over 100 unique hits a day! Sure, that may sound puny compared to what some sites get, but this is but a humble opinions blog on Blogspot.

All in all, this was a great first year for One Duck's Opinion. I thank you all for giving me a reason to keep this going for so long. I hope to see this blog have many more anniversaries! And who knows? Perhaps, by the time the blog's next birthday rolls around, it may even have it's own domain name! There's no telling what can happen in this next year, so all we can do is sit back, relax, and see how things go.

It's been a great ride, folks. But it's only getting started. Again, thank you all for keeping this blog going. I really wouldn't still be writing had it not been for you readers. Thank you so very, very much.

Come celebrate on the forums!

The Duck Has Spoken.

3 comments:

NickClick2 said...

Happy New Year PsychoDuck!

~Acgamer

Kyle said...

Happy anniversary!

CMM1215 said...

Congrats on a job well done, Duckie! =) I'm still around your blog, even if I don't comment too often. =)